Perhaps you’ve never been a tea drinker before, but you’ve decided to give it a twirl. Or maybe you already drink standard varieties of tea, but you’d like to try black tea for a change of pace. In any case, you’re wondering how you should go about drinking this refreshing, full-bodied beverage.
Watch the video below to learn more about how to drink black tea. We also have our recommendations below the video to help you reach your goals for a healthy happy life!
To begin with, you should be aware of the fact that tea aficionados around the globe tend to make tea similarly. It is true that specific methods of tea preparation may differ from country to country and from region to region.
For example, in India, black tea is often steeped with a combination of milk and hot water. In Great Britain and the rest of the United Kingdom, tea tends to be stepped quite strong, with milk or a sweetener such as sugar or honey added to enhance the taste.
In the United States, it’s quite popular to microwave a cup of cold water to brew tea. However, it is a fact that many Americans are now opting for loose teas rather than tea bags.
What You Should Know About Black Tea
Black tea tends to vary in color from a shade of reddish-brown to black. Interestingly enough, like black tea ages, it often becomes even more flavorful. To store black tea, you should place it in a location that is ventilated well, but you don’t have to worry about the temperature of the area.
In general, black tea is formed into cakes that can be round, square, or tube-like. How black tea smells and tastes may depend mainly on the location in which it was harvested. As a result, scent and flavor may vary significantly from region to region.
Black tea is known for its therapeutic benefits. For instance, fans of black tea in China tend to have a little problem with cancer or other degenerative illnesses. They may have better overall health than non-tea drinkers.
Types of Black Tea
When thinking about buying black tea, it is essential for you to know the varieties that are available. For instance, if you’re interested in high-quality tea, you might consider Keemun. This type of tea has a strong aroma and can be consumed with or without milk and sweetener.
Another preferred type is Darjeeling, an Indian tea that is known for its delicate taste. Meanwhile, Assam is a less spicy version of Keemun, but it is also known for its rich flavor.
If you’re interested in a Chinese black tea, you might consider Lapsang Souchong, which is characterized by an unusual smoky flavor. For a Chinese tea with a little bit of a kick, try Yunnan, which offers a hint of pepper.
If you prefer a lighter tea, the Indian Nilgiri may be best. However, be aware of the fact that Nilgiri requires expert steeping to achieve the right flavor.
Drinking Black Tea in Style
If you want to drink black tea in style, you should consider indulging in it at a tea salon. Such salons are ever-present, not only in Chinese cities such as Beijing but also in Taiwan.
You should be aware of the fact that menus at tea salons tend to feature a range of items. Also, the decor can differ significantly from salon to salon.
For the people of the Orient, tea salons can be as trendy as Starbucks cafes are in the Western world. Salons tend to stay open late enough to accommodate late-night patrons.
They are also a favorite of young people. Visit a tea salon in China, and you may find dozens of different varieties of teas available.
Some of the teas may have been aged two decades or more, causing them to have an especially appealing flavor. One Pu-erh tea is more than a century old and is considered a national treasure among the Chinese.
The tea salons of the Orient may also have some different sections, each reflecting a different kind of atmosphere. For instance, one part may be considered more or less a reading room, while another is best suited for playing games. As a result of this, tea salons are classified as a destination location.
Fun Ways to Enjoy Black Tea
There are undoubtedly other entertaining ways that you can enjoy black tea. For instance, you might consider holding a tea-tasting party where you invite a group of friends to sample various black tea delicacies.
Or you can plan a meal from the country of origin of your favorite blend of black tea. In other words, the possibilities for enjoying black tea are limited only by your imagination.
Once you make black tea a regular part of your diet, you’ll quickly discover that it may be able to soothe your nerves as nothing else can.
Here is a list of some of the top-selling black teas on Amazon:
- FRESH FLAVOR: One box of 100 English Breakfast Black tea bags. complex, full-bodied, lively cup of tea that is perfect any time of day. Steep for four minutes for the perfect cup of english breakfast tea.
- ONLY THE FINEST QUALITY: Our expert blenders source only the finest leaves cultivated to our exacting standards by trusted growers around the world. From these tea gardens we hand-select the leaves that will shape your next Twinings moment.
- ENGLISH BREAKFAST TEA: English Breakfast is our most popular tea. To create this well-balanced blend, we carefully select the finest teas from five different regions, each with its own unique characteristics.
- RICH HISTORY In 1706 Thomas Twining began selling fine tea from an English storefront in The Strand, London. Today, Twinings still sells some of the worlds best teas from the original store and in more than 100 countries throughout the world.
- HAND SELECTED FOR YOUR HOME Made without artificial ingredients, Twinings natural teas provide a wholesome tea experience. If you enjoy Bigelow Tea, Lipton Tea, Harney and Sons Tea, Davidsons Tea, or Prince of Peace Tea, try Twinings of London Tea.
- Brought to you by Whole Foods Market. The packaging for this product has a fresh new look. During this transition, you may get the original packaging or the new packaging in your order, but the product and quality is staying exactly the same. Enjoy!
- Tea is the second most consumed beverage on the planet after water. That's why we select the freshest, organically-grown teas from estates around the globe to create an ideal blend for your everyday tea enjoyment.
- Robust, lively and rich, our organic black tea blend is a natural source of protective antioxidants.
- Some research suggests the antioxidants found in tea contribute to good health by neutralizing 'free radicals' within the body which damage cell health. Drink to your health - naturally!
- Certified Organic, Certified Kosher.
- Varieties included: English Breakfast, Earl Grey, Decaffeinated Breakfast, Lemon & Orange, Pure Assam, Green Tea with Jasmine, Organic Peppermint, and Organic Chamomile. Variety packs include six tea bags of each variety. Total 48 tea bags included. From black and green teas to Earl Grey and fusion teas, there's something in the line-up for every tea fan to savor. Each variety can be enjoyed as a standalone beverage, but many pair up nicely with biscuits and other sweets.
- Assorted range of 48 tea bags
- Variety packs include six tea bags of each variety.
- We’re an independent family tea and coffee company from Harrogate in Yorkshire. We have strong family values, like a love for fairness, quality, creativity and the importance of treating people with respect. And we're completely, utterly devoted to the pursuit of extraordinary flavour.
- Total 48 tea bags included.
- Brewed from real tea leaves picked at their freshest, never from powder or concentrate
- No artificial sweeteners or added color
- Unsweetened iced tea
- 0 calories per bottle
- Includes twelve 18.5 ounce bottles
- TEA TYPE: Organic Black Tea, CAFFEINE LEVEL: High, TASTING NOTES: Sweet, Smooth, Complex, CERTIFICATION: USDA Certified Organic, ORIGIN: India
- This much-loved classic is a special blend of teas from two of the world’s most famous tea growing regions, India and East Africa
- The taste is full-bodied, rich and refreshing, with a bright, inviting colour, making it the ideal tea for enjoying not just at breakfast time, but also at any time of the day
- For the perfect cup we recommend that you use one tea bag. Add freshly boiled water and infuse for 4-5 minutes. Serve with or without milk to taste
- High in antioxidants; brisk, stimulating flavor perfect with lemon or milk
- A pack of 16-Ounce Bag
- USDA Certified Organic
- Contains caffeine
- Enjoy drinking this loose leaf bulk tea with our best selling and convenient Ultimate Tea Infuser, also available on Amazoncom or Davidsonsteacom
- Packed in a paper/kraft stand up pouch (SUP) with aluminum foil lining to maintain freshness
- Earl Grey Supreme uses teas along with the addition of Silver Tips
- Has lemony flavors.
- Lassic Tea: Earl Grey Tea is a classic combination of bold black tea and rich citrusy Pure bergamot oil from Calabria, Italy. This full-bodied tea makes a great morning cup as an alternative to coffee, it is perfect hot or iced
- Individually Wrapped: Bigelow Tea always come individually wrapped in foil pouches for peak flavor, freshness and aroma to enjoy everywhere you go! Gluten-free, calorie-free, and Kosher Certified
- Try Every Flavor: There's a tea for morning, noon, and night time relaxation. Try our English Breakfast, Vanilla Chai, antioxidant Green Tea, decaffeinated teas, organic teas and a variety of our herbal tea bags
- Blended and Packaged in the USA: In 1945 Ruth Campbell Bigelow created our first tea, Constant Comment, a strong, flavorful black tea blended with aromatic orange peel and sweet warming spices. Today, Bigelow is still 100% Family Owned
- Uncompromised Quality: Since 1945, Bigelow Tea has been a leader in premium tea and proud to be a Certified B Corporation - meeting the highest verified standards of social and environmental performance, transparency and accountability
- EXCELLENT FLAVOR AND AROMA - The Royal English Breakfast Tea is a lovely combination of the Kenilworth Ceylon and Kenyan Milima black teas.
- 30 SACHETS - One tin contains 30 sachets of the Royal English Breakfast. Each tea sachet brews a 12-ounce cup.
- GREAT PRESENT IDEA - This tea is featured in Harney's Historic Royal Palaces Collection in a traditional tin design, making it a great present idea for tea lovers.
- PERFECT TO SERVE AT PARTIES - The Royal English Breakfast looks especially tempting when brewed in a glass teapot and served at parties. It becomes more delicious when complemented with milk and sugar.
- HIGH-QUALITY TEA - Harney & Sons aim to deliver the most excellent quality tea possible. Enjoy your quality tea made with quality ingredients.