Perhaps you’ve never been a tea drinker before, but you’ve decided to give it a twirl. Or maybe you already drink standard varieties of tea, but you’d like to try black tea for a change of pace. In any case, you’re wondering how you should go about drinking this refreshing, full-bodied beverage.
Watch the video below to learn more about how to drink black tea. We also have our recommendations below the video to help you reach your goals for a healthy happy life!
To begin with, you should be aware of the fact that tea aficionados around the globe tend to make tea similarly. It is true that specific methods of tea preparation may differ from country to country and from region to region.
For example, in India, black tea is often steeped with a combination of milk and hot water. In Great Britain and the rest of the United Kingdom, tea tends to be stepped quite strong, with milk or a sweetener such as sugar or honey added to enhance the taste.
In the United States, it’s quite popular to microwave a cup of cold water to brew tea. However, it is a fact that many Americans are now opting for loose teas rather than tea bags.
What You Should Know About Black Tea
Black tea tends to vary in color from a shade of reddish-brown to black. Interestingly enough, like black tea ages, it often becomes even more flavorful. To store black tea, you should place it in a location that is ventilated well, but you don’t have to worry about the temperature of the area.
In general, black tea is formed into cakes that can be round, square, or tube-like. How black tea smells and tastes may depend mainly on the location in which it was harvested. As a result, scent and flavor may vary significantly from region to region.
Black tea is known for its therapeutic benefits. For instance, fans of black tea in China tend to have a little problem with cancer or other degenerative illnesses. They may have better overall health than non-tea drinkers.
Types of Black Tea
When thinking about buying black tea, it is essential for you to know the varieties that are available. For instance, if you’re interested in high-quality tea, you might consider Keemun. This type of tea has a strong aroma and can be consumed with or without milk and sweetener.
Another preferred type is Darjeeling, an Indian tea that is known for its delicate taste. Meanwhile, Assam is a less spicy version of Keemun, but it is also known for its rich flavor.
If you’re interested in a Chinese black tea, you might consider Lapsang Souchong, which is characterized by an unusual smoky flavor. For a Chinese tea with a little bit of a kick, try Yunnan, which offers a hint of pepper.
If you prefer a lighter tea, the Indian Nilgiri may be best. However, be aware of the fact that Nilgiri requires expert steeping to achieve the right flavor.
Drinking Black Tea in Style
If you want to drink black tea in style, you should consider indulging in it at a tea salon. Such salons are ever-present, not only in Chinese cities such as Beijing but also in Taiwan.
You should be aware of the fact that menus at tea salons tend to feature a range of items. Also, the decor can differ significantly from salon to salon.
For the people of the Orient, tea salons can be as trendy as Starbucks cafes are in the Western world. Salons tend to stay open late enough to accommodate late-night patrons.
They are also a favorite of young people. Visit a tea salon in China, and you may find dozens of different varieties of teas available.
Some of the teas may have been aged two decades or more, causing them to have an especially appealing flavor. One Pu-erh tea is more than a century old and is considered a national treasure among the Chinese.
The tea salons of the Orient may also have some different sections, each reflecting a different kind of atmosphere. For instance, one part may be considered more or less a reading room, while another is best suited for playing games. As a result of this, tea salons are classified as a destination location.
Fun Ways to Enjoy Black Tea
There are undoubtedly other entertaining ways that you can enjoy black tea. For instance, you might consider holding a tea-tasting party where you invite a group of friends to sample various black tea delicacies.
Or you can plan a meal from the country of origin of your favorite blend of black tea. In other words, the possibilities for enjoying black tea are limited only by your imagination.
Once you make black tea a regular part of your diet, you’ll quickly discover that it may be able to soothe your nerves as nothing else can.
Here is a list of some of the top-selling black teas on Amazon:
- FRESH FLAVOR: One box of 100 English Breakfast Black tea bags. complex, full-bodied, lively cup of tea that is perfect any time of day. Steep for four minutes for the perfect cup of english breakfast tea.
- ONLY THE FINEST QUALITY: Our expert blenders source only the finest leaves cultivated to our exacting standards by trusted growers around the world. From these tea gardens we hand-select the leaves that will shape your next Twinings moment.
- ENGLISH BREAKFAST TEA: English Breakfast is our most popular tea. To create this well-balanced blend, we carefully select the finest teas from five different regions, each with its own unique characteristics.
- RICH HISTORY In 1706 Thomas Twining began selling fine tea from an English storefront in The Strand, London. Today, Twinings still sells some of the worlds best teas from the original store and in more than 100 countries throughout the world.
- HAND SELECTED FOR YOUR HOME Made without artificial ingredients, Twinings natural teas provide a wholesome tea experience. If you enjoy Bigelow Tea, Lipton Tea, Harney and Sons Tea, Davidsons Tea, or Prince of Peace Tea, try Twinings of London Tea.
- Lipton Black Tea Bags have a rich taste, intense color and invigorating aroma
- Carefully selected and fresh-pressed tea leaves, capture as much natural tea taste as possible
- Sturdy, secure lock-box for easy storage, and wrapped Stay Fresh tea trays to help preserve great tea taste and aroma
- Enjoy Lipton Tea either hot or iced
- Lipton Black Tea is made with only 100% Rainforest Alliance certified tea bags
- This much-loved classic is a special blend of teas from two of the world’s most famous tea growing regions, India and East Africa.
- The taste is full-bodied, rich and refreshing, with a bright, inviting colour, making it the ideal tea for enjoying not just at breakfast time, but also at any time of the day.
- For the perfect cup we recommend that you use one tea bag. Add freshly boiled water and infuse for 4-5 minutes. Serve with or without milk to taste.
- High in antioxidants; brisk, stimulating flavor perfect with lemon or milk
- Brewed from REAL tea leaves picked at their freshest, never from powder or concentrate
- No artificial sweeteners or added color
- Unsweetened iced tea
- 0 calories per bottle
- Includes twelve 18.5 ounce bottles
- Solimo Black Tea Bags, 100 Count
- Satisfaction Guarantee: We're proud of our products. If you aren't satisfied, we'll refund you for any reason within a year of purchase. 1-877-485-0385
- An Amazon brand
- 100% natural
- Brought to you by Whole Foods Market. Our standards are what set us apart, and our quality is what keeps us stocking pantries, fridges and freezers with the best natural and organic 365 Everyday Value products every day.
- Tea is the second most consumed beverage on the planet after water. That's why we select the freshest, organically-grown teas from estates around the globe to create an ideal blend for your everyday tea enjoyment.
- Robust, lively and rich, our organic black tea blend is a natural source of protective antioxidants.
- Some research suggests the antioxidants found in tea contribute to good health by neutralizing 'free radicals' within the body which damage cell health. Drink to your health - naturally!
- Certified Organic, Certified Kosher.
- Tazo Awake English Breakfast Tea is a traditional breakfast-style black tea that is invigorating any time of the day.
- This box contains 20 individual black tea bags for a bolder, more robust traditional breakfast-style tea.
- Awake English Breakfast Tea is a bright blend of malty black teas that are expertly handpicked, never pre-blended, and sourced from communities around the world.
- Sip the caffeinated tea made with these English breakfast tea bags to awaken your senses.
- This black tea is best enjoyed as a hot tea to feel most invigorated.
- ORGANIC BLACK TEA SAMPLER with five varieties of the world's finest black tea blends - Bombay Chai, Earl Grey, English Breakfast, Estate Darjeeling, Ginger Snap
- BOLD, FLAVORFUL BLACK TEA from large, well-shaped leaves that are hand processed and carefully crafted
- DELIGHTFUL TEA GIFT SET with a premium collection of gourmet teas, a most welcomed hostess gift or gift for tea lovers
- LOOSE LEAF TEA SAMPLER with 15 assorted, pre-portioned single serving pouches per gift box; each pouch contains the perfect measure for a perfect 12oz cup or pot of tea
- PREPARE THE PERFECT CUP of hot tea anywhere, simply empty the contents into a teapot or infusing basket and pour hot water over tea leaves, steep and enjoy
- FOR EVERY OCCASION: This well-rounded variety pack includes Plantation Mint Tea, Lemon Lift, Constant Comment Black Tea, English Teatime, Earl Grey & Vanilla Chai Black Teas. Enjoy hot, iced, sweet or plain
- INDIVIDUALLY WRAPPED: Bigelow tea always come individually wrapped in foil pouches for peak flavor, freshness and aroma to enjoy everywhere you go! Gluten -free, calorie-free, & Kosher certified
- TRY EVERY FLAVOR: There's a tea for morning, noon & night time relaxation, Try our English Breakfast, Vanilla Chai, antioxidant Green Tea, decaffeinated, organic teas & a variety of our herbal tea bags
- AMERICAN MADE TEA: In 1945 Ruth Bigelow created our first tea, Constant Comment, a flavorful black tea blended with aromatic orange peel & warming spices, Today, Bigelow is still family owned and American made
- BIGELOW TEA: Since 1945, Bigelow has been a leader in premium tea & are proud to be a Certified B Corporation - meeting the highest verified standards of social & environmental performance, transparency & accountability