Black, green, or China, we drink tea almost as much as we drink water. And there are plenty to choose from – with over a thousand different varieties from over thirty countries; there are different flavor and character to suit every palate. You could spend a lifetime exploring the tastes, colors, and smells of the world’s teas.
Watch the video below to learn more about black teas from around the world. We also have our recommendations below the video to help you reach your goals for a healthy happy life!
Though both green and black teas come from the same plant, Camellia Sinensis, the difference between them lies in how the leaves are treated after they are picked.
Green tea has a more straightforward drying process, whereas black tea leaves are oxidized as well as dried out. This gives a stronger taste, with a higher caffeine level, and also means the tea can be stored for years without losing flavor. By far the most popular way to drink it in the West is black tea, and your daily cup is made from this kind.
Teas are usually named after the province or area where they are grown. The soil, climate, and landscape all affect the flavor, which means different regions produce teas with distinct characteristics.
Famed as the birthplace of tea, China has been cultivating and drinking tea for around five thousand years. A large proportion of the world’s tea still comes from China, although you can now buy varieties from South America, Turkey, and Nepal as well as India and Africa. Here are just a few of the better-known black teas:
Lapsang Souchong is probably the most famous china tea; Lapsang has an aromatic, smoky taste from the pinewood fires used to dry the leaves. Yunnan is another famous tea, from the southwest of China.
It has a rich, malty flavor and blends well with milk. Keemun tea produces a rich brown color with a delicate nutty flavor and is made with great skill and discipline, the leaves dried without breakage to preserve the flavor.
The most famous Indian tea is Assam, a full-bodied and robust tea with a, particularly malty taste. It is often drunk in the morning as a wake-up brew! Darjeeling, from the foothills of the Himalayas, is often considered the champagne of teas and with a light and delicate flavor.
Sri Lanka gives us Ceylon tea, known for a clean and bright, full-bodied taste. Because of the unique climate in Sri Lanka, tea can be grown year-round.
Around a third of the world’s tea now comes from Africa, from countries like Kenya, Malawi, and Zimbabwe. Kenyan teas are highly bright and colorful, with a pleasant flavor.
Although tea has only been grown in Africa since around 1900, the climate and advances in scientific know-how mean that African teas are used in many of the more common blends available today.
Be adventurous and try some teas from around the world. You’ll be pleasantly surprised to discover the new flavors and you may just find your fresh favorite tea.
Here is a list of some of the top-selling black teas on Amazon:
- SINGLE STEEPS Tea Chest sampler with individually wrapped single serving pouches, the perfect measure for a perfect 12oz cup or pot of tea
- TEA CHEST GIFT SET with only the finest tea leaves from around the world, elegantly packaged for a most welcomed gift for tea lovers, birthday or holiday gift, housewarming or hostess gift idea
- DELIGHT YOUR GUESTS with an assortment of gourmet teas, a complete tasting menu inside guides you through the tea tasting experience - 28 of our most popular Organic Black, Green, White and Herbal tea infusions
- PREPARE THE PERFECT CUP anywhere, simply empty the contents into a teapot or infusing basket and pour hot water over tea leaves, steep and enjoy a perfectly comforting cup
- SPECIALTY TEA INFUSIONS: Black Cherry, Bombay Chai, Caramel Nougat, Pear Cobbler, Darjeeling Quince, Earl Grey, English Breakfast, Peach Brulee, Mountain Oolong, Cherry Marzipan, Cucumber Mint, Green Mango Peach, Honey Yuzu, Jasmine Green, Lemon Sorbetti, Orange Jasmine, Sencha, Berry Basket, Vanilla Pear, White Ginger Pear, African Solstice, Apricot Amaretto, Blueberry Merlot, Chamomile Citron, Ginger Lemongrass, Harvest Apple Spice, Raspberry Nectar, Strawberry Apple
- 10 Assorted Flavors: Green Tea, Black Tea, Jasmine Tea, Earl Grey, English Breakfast, Oolong Green Tea, Peppermint, Chai Black Tea, Matcha Green Tea and Seasonal Select Tea
- Contains 100 single serving pods for Keurig K-Cup Brewers, Manufactured in USA
- Use with any Keurig brewers (compatible Keurig 2.0)
- Made from high quality 100% natural tea leaves
- For detail assorted list and it's ingredients, see product description below
- Assorted Flavors: Green Tea, Black Tea, Jasmine Tea, Earl Grey, Oolong Tea, English Breakfast
- Contains 36 single serving pods for Keurig K-Cup Brewers, Manufactured in USA
- Use with any Keurig brewers (compatible Keurig 2.0)
- Made from high quality 100% natural tea leaves
- Tasting Notes: Made with the Best Stuff–green and black tea leaves–you can now enjoy the great taste of Snapple Lemon Iced Tea home-brewed any time
- Product Details: This product is sweetened Green and Black Tea and contains caffeine. It is certified Kosher (U)
- Count Size: Contains six cartons, each with 12 K-Cup packs, totaling 72 K-Cup packs
- Keurig Quality: If it doesn't have the Keurig logo, it's not Keurig quality. In order for your Keurig brewer to give you the best beverage possible, be sure to use only Keurig K-Cup packs
- The Keurig Difference: Whether your morning joe gives you grounds for celebration or mocha makes you over the moon, your Keurig brewer is able to brew over 250 varieties of coffee, tea and hot cocoa, plus seasonal and café style beverages
- NOT JUST FOR CHRISTMAS: Christmas Morning is a great balance of brisk & sweet. This full-bodied blend of green and black teas is a new take on traditional breakfast teas like English Breakfast. Enjoy it hot or iced, with milk & sugar or honey or plain.
- 100 COUNT BOX: Individually packaged bags guarantee every cup will taste as fresh as the day it was bagged, whether herbal, white, green, black, or oolong. Steep your tea according to instructions on box & enjoy every sip of premium quality Stash Tea
- PREMIUM BAGGED TEA: All our teas, herbal, black, green, white or oolong, are of the highest quality. For delicious flavor in every steep, our tea bags are packaged in stay-fresh foil wrappers to keep your tea fresh, from morning chai to bedtime chamomile.
- THE STASH TEA COMPANY was founded in 1972, supplying loose herbal teas & bulk herbs to natural food stores. In 1975, we added bagged teas & began to sell a full line of traditional & herbal teas. Try our Chamomile, Peppermint, Earl Grey, Green Tea, & more
- TEA OF INCOMPARABLE QUALITY: Compare our quality teas to competitors--Numi, Choice, Yogi, Bigelow, Harney & Sons, Celestial Seasonings, Davidsons, The Republic of Tea, Teavana, Kusmi, Traditional Medicinals, Tazo, Rishi, Twinings, Mighty Leaf, Good Earth.
- 10 EXCLUSIVE LOOSE LEAF TEA – Loose tea assortments of Daily Darjeeling Black Tea, Assam Exotic Tea, Earl Grey Citrus Black Tea, India's Original Masala Chai Tea, Cardamom Chai Tea, Sweet Himalayan Detox Green Tea, Turmeric Spice Herbal Tea Tisane , Blue Mountain White Tea, High Mountain Darjeeling Oolong Tea & Himalayan Green Tea. This Loose Tea Sampler Tea set is Perfect Tea Sets for Women & Tea Gift for Tea Lovers. This Loose Leaf Tea makes approx 50 Cups of Tea.
- GARDEN FRESH TEAS SOURCED DIRECTLY - Tea leaves are vacuum sealed & packed within 24 to 72 hours of harvesting to give you Garden Fresh Tea with the Best Aroma & taste, and the assurance of truly ethical, fair trade price to Farmers. Unlike a tea gift box, it makes for an excellent tea gift set containing green tea loose leaf, black tea loose leaf, oolong tea loose leaf, white tea loose leaf, herbal tea loose leaf and chai tea loose leaf. Relish the Real Freshness of tea in each sampler. Vadham.
- CARBON & PLASTIC NEUTRAL BRAND - Established in India by a 28-year-old 4th generation entrepreneur, we are now proud to be a certified Carbon-Neutral & a Plastic-Neutral brand. We measure our overall carbon and plastic footprint & offset it via our investments in environment sustainability initiatives in India.
- ETHICAL, DIRECT & FAIR TRADE - Our innovative supply chain model ensures you get the freshest teas & our farmers get a better price for their produce. As a part of our social campaign TEAch Me, 1% of our revenue is redirected towards the education of our growers' children.
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - If you don't like the product, we will issue a 100% REFUND immediately. No Questions Asked.
- OPRAH'S FAVORITE THINGS - Vahdam Teas has been featured in the prestigious Holiday Gift Guide curated by Oprah Winfrey for 2 consecutive years now. This a perfect Teacher Gifts. These Tea Sets are perfect gifts for him. Grandpa Gifts. Gifts for Boyfriend. Dad gifts from Daughters
- A MASTERPIECE GIFT SET - Assorted Tea Bag Sampler - 8 Tea Flavors, 40 Tea Bags Gift Set with Award Winning Teas & Presented in a Luxury Tea Sampler Gift Set
- A BRAND WITH A BILLION DREAMS - Established in India by a 26-year-old, 4th generation Tea entrepreneur, Vahdam Teas is an award-winning, vertically integrated tea brand that door delivers the world's freshest tea leaves to over 83 countries, sourced directly from India's choicest tea gardens. The tea industry is one of the largest employers of manual labor in India. A successful home-grown brand helps empower millions of these tea workers in the long run.
- ETHICAL, DIRECT & FAIR-TRADE- TRULY - Our innovative supply chain model ensures you get the freshest cup of tea and our farmers get a better price for their produce. 1% of our revenue is redirected towards the education of our tea growers' children. Our farmers, like any other parent, wish for their progeny to have a better life than them. We at Vahdam Teas with our social initiative, TEAch Me, simply wish to honor this aspiration.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - 100% MONEYBACK GUARANTEE - If you don't like the tea, we will issue a 100% REFUND immediately. No Questions Asked.
- SAME DELICIOUS TASTE: Teavana Craft Iced Tea Cans use the same formula as found in the bottled Teavana tea that you already love! We combine high quality ingredients, years of expertise and thoughtful practices to craft delicious iced tea blends with layered flavors for your sipping pleasure
- NATURAL FLAVORS & FINEST INGREDIENTS: Teavana Craft Iced Teas by Starbucks uses the finest teas, botanicals and ingredients from regions known for their excellence. Teavana tea is crafted with natural fruit flavors and doesn’t contain any artificial flavors!
- HIGH QUALITY TEAS ON THE GO: Teavana Craft Iced Teas are made with cane sugar and natural fruit flavors, giving you the perfect amount of sweetness with only 70-80 calories per 12 fluid ounce serving. These cans are perfect to carry on the go for your sipping pleasure
- TRY ALL 5 FLAVORS: Teavana Craft Iced Teas comes in 5 amazing flavors: Mango Black, Passion Tango, Peach Green, Pineapple Berry Blue, Strawberry Apple Green. Want to try them all? Order our variety pack, which includes 3 cans of each flavor!
- CAN HELP YOU FEEL LIKE YOURSELF AGAIN since Estroven Maximum Strength + Energy is designed to provide maximum relief for your most bothersome menopause symptoms: hot flashes, night sweats, menopausal irritability, mood, energy, fatigue*
- SAFE AND EFFECTIVE DIETARY SUPPLEMENT that is both drug free and estrogen free**
- CONTAINS 2X THE AMOUNT OF NATURALLY-SOURCED BLACK COHOSH compared to other leading brands, plus clinically proven Soy Isoflavones to help reduce the frequency and severity of hot flashes and night sweats*
- INCLUDES NATURALLY-SOURCED MAGNOLIA BARK to help safely reduce menopausal irritability and manage mood*
- PLUS NATURALLY SOURCED GREEN TEA AND YERBA MATÉ to help boost energy and manage fatigue*
- Our Twinings Tea Bag variety contains 48 pack, all different flavors. Find your favorite!
- Organic Nightly Calm, Natural Green Tea, Lady Grey Tea, Honey bush&Mandarin Orange, Chai Spiced Apple, Early Grey Extra Bold, Organic Pepermint, English Breakfast Regular, Camomile &Honey&Vanilla, English Breakfast Decaffeinated, Pure Pepermint, Irish Breakfast Decaffeinated, Pure Camomile, Prince of Wales, Berry Fusion, Orange&Cinammon Spice, Pure Rooibos Red Tea, Lemon Delight, Wild Berries, Green Tea Jusmine, Darjeeling, Early Grey Lavender, Organic Green Tea
- GREAT FOR ANY OCCASION AND PURPOSE: Perfect GIFT as a care package for college students, schools kids, co-workers, military personal, your family, friends and yourself.
- MAKE IT A GIFT: Comes in a decorative gift box with a fancy blue ribbon gift design. Indulge your family, your loved ones and yourself with this Twinings Tea gift box.